SV-33 – Overview
Following a heritage defined by jaw-dropping realism and unparalleled performance, the front address Earthworks SV33 delivers vocal performances brimming with stunning detail. The SV33 is our flagship studio vocal microphone featuring a 14mm capsule that delivers warmth coupled with staggeringly precise audio performance. A true cardioid polar pattern provides freedom and ease for every recording session with an enormous sweet spot and incredible rear rejection, maintaining complete sonic accuracy for vocal performances.
Never has there been a vocal microphone that gives you this much freedom. Freedom to express, to move, to take risks and capture every essence of the vocal performance. The SV33 eliminates limitations found in other high end studio microphones and infuses ease into the process for both the vocalist and the engineer. With 140 degrees of freedom across the frontal hemisphere every moment of joy, longing, pain or elation will come through with breathtaking lifelike clarity.
The SV33 excels at delivering crystal clear vocals full of detail and nuance; effortlessly positioned forward in the mix with incredible low end, smooth midrange and high frequency detail. The openness and the air, it’s all there. Giving you a big vocal track full of vibrant presence with incredible intimacy.
Its discrete Class A circuitry means that your signal path will remain uncompromised, delivering the purest sound possible. With the SV33 you will achieve unmatched sonic clarity and world-class performance for every recording session.
The SV33’s wide cardioid pickup pattern behaves incredibly well on-axis, maintaining the integrity of your vocals and allowing more freedom to move in front of the microphone. Off-axis it excels at rejecting unwanted sounds, so in the unlikely event of bleed, the sound will remain uncolored and pure.
- Front Address 14mm Capsule
- Cardioid pattern
- 30Hz – 33kHz
- Handles up to 145dB SPL
- Hand-tuned precision Discrete Class A Circuitry
- Crisp, clear and authentic reproduction
- Nextel® Dark Black finish for low reflectivity and durability
- Frequency Response: 30Hz – 33kHz ±2dB at 5 inches (12.7cm)
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Sensitivity: 10mV/Pa (-40dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 24-48V Phantom, 10mA
- Max Acoustic Input: 145dB SPL
- Output: XLR (pin 2+)
- Output Impedance: 65Ω balanced (between pins 2 & 3)
- Min Output Load: 600Ω between pins 2 & 3
- Noise: 15dB SPL equivalent (A weighted)
- Dimensions L x D: 211mm x 50mm (8.32 x 1.97 inches)
- Weight: 2.5 lb (1.13kg)
- Microphone Mount